Do’s and Don’ts when driving your vehicle:
Are you putting your car at unnecessary risk because of bad driving habits?
Without realizing it, you may be causing damage to your car by doing seemingly insignificant things.
CMH Ford Ballito have compiled a list of Eight dos and don’ts while driving your precious baby.
Vehicles are often among your most valuable possessions and are the ones on which you rely most heavily. Taking proper care of it will ensure it lasts as long as possible.
1. CMH Ford Ballito says DON’T drive your vehicle until your fuel is empty.
When you leave your fuel tank near empty, fuel draws from the bottom of the tank, which has dirt, impurities, and residuals. The fuel pump absorbing these when the fuel level is low will shorten the life of your fuel system.
DO: Before the warning light illuminates, fill up the tank with fuel
1. CMH Ford Ballito says DON’T rev your Engine:
The abrupt temperature changes that occur when you rev your car when it’s cold could damage components.
DO: Allow the oil to warm up and distribute throughout the engine for a few minutes after your car has started.
1. CMH Ford Ballito says DON’T just change gears from reverse to drive, as the sudden change in direction can cause damage to your vehicle.
DO: Let the vehicle come to a complete stop before switching gears.
1. CMH Ford Ballito says DON’T overload your boot as this causes damage to your vehicle’s transmission, tyres, steering and suspension and can also cause blowouts.
DO: Take into consideration what the weight limit is and recommended tyre pressure.
1. CMH Ford Ballito says DON’T Ride the clutch as this shortens the life of the clutch plate.
DO: Take your foot off the clutch after changing gears and leave the car in neutral with the handbrake on until you’re ready to move from a hill start.
1. CMH Ford Ballito says DON’T rest your foot on the brake pedal. It causes your brake to overheat and wear out.
DO: Switch to a lower gear and maintain a safe driving distance.
1. CMH Ford Ballito says DON’T ignore warning lights or if you hear something strange coming from your vehicle.
DO: Familiarise yourself with the most serious lights by reading your owner’s manual and having the problem attended to right away.
1. CMH Ford Ballito says DON’T ignore your tires because you could experience a flat or blowout. Your tires will wear unevenly and wear out faster, and you won’t get the fuel efficiency you deserve.
DO: Check your tires as often as you check your oil and rotate your tires at least twice a year.
CMH Ford Ballito offers an array of auto repair services you can trust. If you suspect that your vehicle has a problem, or if you need routine maintenance, don’t hesitate to call us on 0877239278
35 -37 Moffat Drive Ballito Business Park Dolphin Coast0877239278 fordballito.co.za