CMH Kempster Ford Randburg is proud to offer a complimentary and comprehensive pre-holiday vehicle check-up to all its customers, to ensure this holiday period carries the confidence and trust that’s always been integral to Ford’s reputation.
Besides the roads being inundated with holidaymakers, the vehicles along these routes are often overloaded with luggage and equipment, which can place added strain on various engine, suspension and brake components. If these are not in optimal working condition, the consequences can range from temporary downtime and frustration to potentially life-threatening emergencies.
Regardless of whether you own a new Ford or an earlier model, the pre-holiday vehicle check-up has been adding value to South Africans for the last three years. Although this vehicle check-up has matured into a cornerstone of the Ford ownership experience, the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic means that there is now possibly an even stronger reason to pay attention to your car’s overall condition.
Travel restrictions during the initial phases of COVID-19 resulted in many vehicles being parked for extended periods of time. While that might seem beneficial to wear and tear items, a car that hasn’t been driven in a long time is likely to show signs of battery fatigue and tyre flat spots. It is also important to remember that service intervals are recommended every 15 000km or annually, whichever occurs first. Accordingly, although your vehicle’s mileage might be unusually low this year, it may still in fact be time for a scheduled service.
The entire process has been designed to be convenient and to take less than thirty minutes to complete – enough time for customers to enjoy a complimentary cup of coffee at the dealership and catch up on mails. At the end of the vehicle check-up, the customer will receive a detailed, obligation-free assessment, highlighting any area that needs attention. The includes assessing the following items:
- Fluids (Oil and Coolant) An under-the-bonnet check is first on the list. Fluid levels are one of the main concerns motorists need to be aware of. If your coolant and oil levels are low, your vehicle might have a leak somewhere.
- Lights You need to ensure that all your car’s lights are working correctly at all times – both so you can see and can be seen. This is a simple but important test.
- Wipers December is the rainy season in many parts of South Africa, so it’s important to make sure that your wipers are in perfect condition.
- Wheels and Tyres Tyres are perhaps the most important part of your vehicle, and with tyres not getting the normal mileage and rotation because of COVID-19, one needs to be extra vigilant.
- Brake Pads Another critical component to consider is brake pad wear. Once the pad wears down below its minimum thickness, Ford will advise that the pads need to be replaced so that the car’s best braking performance can be achieved. The handbrake should also be checked to see if it is working and adjusted correctly.
- Leaks The under-the-hood checks of the fluid levels will include a thorough examination for visible oil spots or coolant leaks that might be dripping onto the ground. Coolant can be identified by its shiny texture that looks similar to oil.
- Drive Belts While underneath the vehicle, a Ford technician will check the drive belt for any cracks. If the drive belt is damaged, worn, or breaks, it can cause a complete engine shutdown and damage.
- Spare Wheel A simple yet essential check that you can do yourself before tackling any long journey is checking to see if your spare tyre, the jack and spanner are all present in your vehicle and if they are in working order.
- Steering Some tests can only be done under driving conditions. Qualified technicians can pick up certain concerns that the everyday driver may miss, including engine sounds, vibrations and suspension issues.
- Brakes Another critical component to consider is brake pad wear. Once the pad wears down below its minimum thickness, Ford will advise that the pads need to be replaced so that the car’s best braking performance can be achieved. The handbrake should also be checked to see if it is working and adjusted correctly.
At CMH Kempster Ford Randburg you and your family are our number one priority. As such, we have been proudly offering these complimentary Pre-Holiday Checks to ensure your safety on the road for the last three years and will strive to continue to bring our customers value-added services for the foreseeable future.
Call: 0877248840 www.randford.co.za