As we all embark on our holidays with our friends and families, for peace of mind we need to ensure that we are safe and secure in the vehicle that will be carrying our precious passengers! We at CMH Ford Durban want you to enjoy your down-time to the maximum, and you can rely on us to get your vehicle in top shape for the festive season.
If you feel that your vehicle has recently been acting up, the best thing to do is contact our service department and one of our trained technicians will assist you and put all your concerns to rest. Before you set out on your journey here are a few things you should be mindful of:
Pre- Holiday Checklist:
- Leaks: It is wise to look out for leaks from various components and hoses underneath the vehicle. Always check coolant hoses for leaks, as well as the radiator and oil cooler.
- Check your spare wheel/tyres: It is Vital to see if your spare tyre, the jack, and spanner, are all present in your vehicle and if they are in working order. The last thing you want on holiday is to be stuck on the side of the road without an inflated tyre.
- Ensure your vehicle is properly aligned: Always be alert when you drive and take note if your steering pulls too much to the right or left direction. This may indicate a wheel alignment problem./
- Check your brake pads: This is a critical component of getting your car ready for the open road, if your brakes are not in PROPER working order it will impair your vehicles braking ability. It should always be more than 5mm thick.
- Light and wiper check: Make sure all your vehicles lights are in working order from reverse lights, brake lights to all indicators. It is important that your wiper blades are not squeaking or streaking your windscreen when driving in wet or misty weather conditions.
For Peace Of Mind come down to 901 Umgeni road and ask one of our qualified professionals to assist you with your pre-holiday vehicle check. Call us on 0313130800 to book your car in with our service advisors/technicians and we will gladly assist you so you can be prepared for your well-deserved break!